PowerMTA is industry top class Mail Transfer Agent that is used by myspace.com, top email service providers including ISPs. PMTA has very advance configuration that helps you to manage millions of email per day.
There are hundreds of feature which can’t be cover here. Below are few features copied from port25.com
- Number of simultaneous connections
- Number of messages per connection
- Number of delivery attempts per hour (throttling)
- Retry period and bounce period
- Authentication method
- Ability to break connections of lower priority queues
- New IP address warm-up feature to help build reputation
- Ability to pause queues and delete or re-start
- Delivers 10x more messages per hour than leading freeware alternatives and corporate mail systems
- Strict compliance with Internet email protocols
- Includes both outbound and inbound message processing
- VirtualMTAs allowing you to segment your mail-streams as necessary. Each VMTA may have its own IP address and delivery policy configured by you.
- Real-time reputation monitoring
- Immediate notification of perceived blocks
- Ability to implement new delivery policy for perceived blocks
- Command line statistics and analysis utility
- Web-based status monitoring
- Data export of statistics log (XML, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- API to statistics log (C, Java, Perl)
- Data can be accessed in real-time or batch mode.
- Statistics can also be retrieved on a “per job” or “Virtual MTA” basis.
- Standard submission interface using SMTP
- File-based submission using pickup directory
- Proprietary submission interface through our API (C, C++, Java, Perl, .NET)
- Data exports from delivery log (XML, CSV, HTML, etc.)
- API to delivery log (C, Java, Perl)
- Forwarding of inbound messages to file or via local pipe
- Installation follows the common approaches used on each of the major platforms.
- Text-file configuration tool comes pre-populated with common settings
- Extensive control options allow you to tailor PowerMTA to your specific needs.
- A command-line management tool is provided.
Built-in support for :
- Domain Keys and DKIM
- SenderID and SPF
Platforms where PMTA can be installed includes :
- Microsoft Windows (2003/2008)
- Linux RPM based (Red Hat, CentOS) and DEB based (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Sun Solaris (Solaris 8 or later, SPARC)